more about journey groups
WHY DO WE VALUE DISCIPLESHIP?
Jesus calls us to make disciples (Matt. 28:18-20). During His
ministry on Earth, Jesus invested deeply in a few men - loving, teaching and
equipping them. We desire to follow his example.
WHAT ARE JOURNEY GROUPS LIKE AT GRACE?
Journey Groups happen in small groups of 4-7 people who commit to meet together for one year at a time. Each group has a leader who has a heart to develop a safe community where people can be known, loved and cared for with one another. This community helps one another know God through His Word, grow in their relationship with Christ, and become mature and equipped followers of Christ. Read the testimonies of disciples who are growing through their Journey Group experience.
HOW DO I KNOW IF JOINING A JOURNEY GROUP IS RIGHT FOR ME?
Journey Groups at Grace
- Have long-term commitments (September-May)
- Take approximately 2 hours a week to prepare (reading
materials and assignments) before a weekly meeting (approx 1.5-2 hours)
- Focus on daily walks with God, applying the Word,
sharing hearts and lives, becoming equipped to invest in others.
- Develop close relationships with group members.
- Will help you grow closer to the Lord in
WHEN DO JOURNEY GROUPS START?
WHAT IS THE PROCESS FOR JOINING A JOURNEY GROUP?
- Fill out the Journey Group Interest Form to let us know a little bit
about yourself, which helps us connect you to a leader.
- Wait to hear from a leader. We do not assign groups.
We will introduce you to a leader who is forming a new group or has space
in a current group. We encourage you to talk with people you know at
Grace to hear about their experiences in Journey Groups!
- Meet with a leader face-to-face. This gives you both
an opportunity to get to know one another. You can find out more about
the leader's group and she/he can learn what you are looking for in a
group as well.
- Pray and decide. After meeting with a leader, please
take a little time to think and pray about whether to commit to the
information, please contact Leslie Jones